Wednesday, November 13, 2013

There's something on the track! How an AWD Subaru STI can *still* spinout at Road Atlanta.

Here's an oldie but goodie: It's footage of what happens when another car drops fluid/oil on the track and you find out about it the hard way.

The off occurs in turn 6 after I pass the Porsche. For perspective, I'm doing 115mph in the straightaway before I go off and ~75mph in the turn when I start sliding. As you can see, like black ice, it catches you off guard!

The off isn't all though. Note the slight bump I get by the orange Lotus Elise in my rear view mirror when pulling back out onto the track. That pushed in the bumper for my STI...no real damage. The Elise, on the other hand, probably had $10K worth of damage. Why? After bumping me he proceeded to hit the concrete wall. :|

You can see a couple more cars going off but there were six or seven total. Perhaps the most entertaining portion of the video is when I state the obvious to the corner worker at the end of the clip.

My family STILL won't let me live down the comment...or the spin.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment